CHP asking residents to report out-of-state license plates

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - The California Highway Patrol is asking people to help them out by reporting state residents who unlawfully register their vehicles in other states or countries. 

Vehicle registration fees are due immediately upon accepting employment or establishing residency in California, and state law permits only 20 days to complete the process of registering your vehicle without paying a penalty.

CHP estimates that the state loses millions of dollars each year because of these failures to properly register.

The agency has established a web application for reporting unlawfully registered cars. That link is here.

comments powered by Disqus