News

Electrical blanket causes structure fire in Marina

MARINA, Calif. - A Marina woman suffered burns to her hands and arms after a morning fire.

A little after 6:30, the Marina Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire at 138 Kailua Circle, Marina.

When the Marina Fire Department arrived, fire personnel found light smoke coming from the front of the single-story residence. Fire crews entered the residence to determine where the smoke was coming from. Dispatch communicated that an occupant in the residence had burns to her hands.

AMR personnel contacted the resident and escorted her to the ambulance for evaluation and treatment as fire crews conducted their investigation.

Crews found an active fire in a back bedroom and it was extinguished.

The resident sustained burns to her hands and arms and was also treated for smoke inhalation. The resident was flown by Cal-Star Air Ambulance to a San Jose trauma center for evaluation and treatment. There were no firefighter injuries.

It took approximately 15 minutes for initial knock down of the fire and damage to the structure is estimated to be approximately $50,000 dollars plus an undetermined amount for contents.

Officials say the fire began from an electrical blanket, and was accidental.


comments powered by Disqus