News

Hollister Police arrest three more homicide suspects for murder of Victor Barajas

HOLLISTER, Calif. - UPDATE: 6/5/2017 2:29 p.m. The Hollister Police Department has made three more arrests in connection to the May 28, murder of Victor Barajas. 

Luis Dominguez 22, Luis Garcia Mendez, 22, and Alfonso Contreras, 23 are in custody for the murder of Barajas. 

Jose Estrada was previously arrested Friday June 2, 2017 and was charged with Victor Barajas murder.

That same day 23-year-old Alfonso Contreras went to the Hollister Police Department after a search warrant was done at his house. Contreras was also arrested for Barajas murder. 

Luis Dominguez-Mojica, 22, was arrested May 31 for prior assault with a deadly weapon charge. The 22-year-old is in custody at the San Benito County Jail and charges against him were added by police in regards to this case. 

Officers arrested Luis Garcia Mendez, 22 on June 4 after conducting a high risk stop. 

The department said it is continuing it's investigation of Barajas. 

All three of the new arrests are from Hollister and have been booked for murder. Bail is set at $1,000,000 at the San Benito County Jail. 




PREVIOUS STORY: 

A Hollister man accused of murder is now in jail.

Hollister Police said 20-year-old Jose Estrada III was arrested Friday morning.

Police said Estrada was wanted for the murder of 23-year-old Victor Barajas of Hollister.

Police officers, San Benito County Sheriff’s deputies, UNET agents and San Benito Probation officers served two search warrants on two houses at the same time Friday. Estrada was then booked into the San Benito County Jail.

Estrada is being held on a $1,000,000 bail.

This is an on-going investigation. Call police if you know anything about this case.


comments powered by Disqus