Be prepared for delays on the evenings and overnights on Highway 1 beginning next week as striping work will begin. One way traffic controls will will be in place.
An overnight project to replace the striping and marking, also known as thermoplastic traffic stripe, along Highway 1 from just south of Castro Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to the Carmel River Bridge in Carmel will begin this Sunday, July 13 at 7 pm.
Here is the schedule for the first week:
- Sunday, July 13 - Carmel River Bridge to just north of Garrapata Creek Bridge
- Monday, July 14 - Yankee Point Drive/Malpaso Rd. to just south of Hurricane Point
- Tuesday, July 15 - Garrapata Creek Bridge to south of Molera Park Entrance
- Wednesday, July 16 - South of Bixby Creek Bridge to Grimes Canyon
- Thursday, July 17 - North of Molera Park Entrance to Grimes Canyon
Roadwork will consist of reversing one-way traffic control from 7 pm to 7 am Monday through Thursday and from 8 pm to 7 am on Sundays. No work on Friday or Saturday nights. Motorists can expect a delay not to exceed 10 minutes.
This project is expected to be complete by the end of July.
Caltrans reminds motorists to move over and slow down when driving through highway construction zones.
Visit Caltrans website for more information at: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist05/paffairs/release.htm#mon