SALINAS, Calif. - An apartment fire Friday afternoon on Sieber and Pacific left one unit damaged so badly that six people who called it home can't return at least through the weekend.
Firefighters responded to the fire on Sieber and Pacific around 3 p.m. No one was home at the time, but other residents were evacuated.
One firefighter had to bust down a door to wake up a man.
Salinas fire said the cause was electrical from an extension cord. The fire spread to two rooms in the one unit.
There was about $10,000 in damages to the apartment and about $350,000 to the building as a whole.
All other neighbors have been allowed to return.