SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - In an effort to curb traffic congestion and crowd control issues on July 4, Santa Cruz CHP officers plan to close a number of roadways along the Santa Cruz County shoreline beginning at 7 p.m.
These closures will block traffic traveling toward the ocean. Drivers will have to show proof of residence -- or a legitimate purpose --to be allowed access into the controlled areas.
CHP plans the following closures in the unincorporated areas of the county; other jurisdictions may establish additional closures:
- 7th Avenue at Brommer Street
- 7th Avenue at Eaton Street
- Eaton Street at Lake Avenue
- 7th Avenue at East Cliff Drive
- East Cliff Drive at Prospect Street
- East Cliff Drive at 14th Avenue
- 17th Avenue at East Cliff Drive
- Beach Drive at Rio Del Mar Esplanade
Additionally, Soquel Dr. will be closed between Trout Gulch Rd. and State Park Drive from 9:30 a.m. until about 12:30 p.m. for the World's Shortest Parade in Aptos.