Seaside man guilty of molesting seven victims sentenced

SEASIDE, Calif. - UPDATE: 10/25/2017: Juan Francisco Gonzalez of Seaside has been sentenced to seven terms of 25 years-to-life for two counts of lewd act upon a child under the age of fourteen and five counts of continuous sexual abuse upon a child under the age of 14.

The jury came to a guilty verdict after hearing testimony from seven victims, who between the ages of 5 and 12, had been molested by Gonzales in 2015. One victim reported that she was touched in 2014 by the defendant, her brother’s uncle, while she was being babysat in the defendant’s home which served as a before and after school drop-off site for the children of extended family members. In the course of two weeks, six more victims came forward to the Seaside Police Department.

Judge Butler imposed seven twenty-five year to life terms to be served consecutively for the molest of each one of the seven girls for a total term of one hundred seventy-five years to life.

UPDATE: 9/20/2017 4:34 p.m. A Seaside man has been found guilty of molesting seven girls over the course of five years.

According to the Monterey County District Attorney's Office, 57-year-old Juan Francisco Gonzalez was found guilty of lewd acts upon children under the age of 14. One of the victims was a distant relative. The girl said Gonzalez touched her while she was being babysat in his home. Authorities said Gonzalez home was a drop off and pick up site for extended family members before and after school.

"In the course of two weeks, six more victims came forward to the Seaside Police Department and reported inappropriate sexual contact by the defendant. All victims were forensically interviewed at the Archer Child Advocacy Center Bates-Eldredge Clinic. The interviews determined that Gonzalez, age 57, had been molesting young girls from 2010 through 2015," said the DA's Office.

Gonzalez had fled to El Salvador after hearing the allegations. He was eventually arrested in Los Angeles on February 2, 2016. He had been held in the Monterey County Jail on a $3 million bail.

Gonzalez will be sentenced on October 25. He faces a maximum sentence of 175 years-to-life.


The Monterey County Sheriff's Office says Juan Gonzalez, suspected of molesting seven children, is back in Monterey County at the jail. 

Gonzalez appeared in court Tuesday, pleading not guilty. His preliminary hearing is set for February 26. 

ORIGINAL STORY: A Seaside man accused of molesting seven children at his wife's "home daycare" in Seaside is in custody after he fled to El Salvador, according to police. 

According to Seaside Police, Juan Francisco Gonzalez fled several months ago when he figured out he was being investigated.

A $3 million warrant was issued for his arrest. After investigators determined Gonzalez fled to El Salvador, they learned Gonzalez came back to Los Angeles.

The Los Angeles Police was able to arrest Gonzalez on January 27. Gonzalez will be transported to the Monterey County Jail and will be held on $3,300,000 bail.

comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular Stories