PRUNEDALE, Calif. - An early morning fire at the Ace Hardware in Prunedale caused some major damage on Sunday.
You can see the fire damaged parts of the outside of the building which is now boarded up.
Burned cardboard and other plastic debris was among some of the other damage.The owner of Ace Hardware believes the fire was intentionally set by someone.
Owner of the neighboring business Jim’s Chinese Cuisine, Stephen Lo, says he is surprised someone would do this, “Wow, just shocked. We never thought about this happening. We’ve been here for 15 years and know each other for a long time.”
North County Fire Department did respond and is looking at surveillance video from near by.