PACIFIC GROVE, Calif. - Pacific Grove police are warning the community about a person who is posing as an auto body repairman and taking payment without finishing the work.
Police said that some ways to prevent becoming a victim, you should:
- Use a licensed repair shop.
- Get the full legal name of the business.
- Search the company on the internet.
- Request a written estimate, including parts and labor, with the provider's name and contact information.
- Arrange to pay in increments depending on finishing the project.
- Pay with a check or credit card to get the bank's help if it is not legitimate.
To report someone posing as a repairman, you are asked to call Pacific Grove police at 831-648-3143.